A few weeks ago my teacher took me out of science class to tell
me how great my writing was for the test we had taken. We had to write it a
special way. It had to be a personal narrative. First we had to start with a
sound effect or question to start our introduction paragraph. Then we had to
explain what we were in the middle of doing. Then we had to go to the next 2
paragraphs which were about 9 sentences describing the setting. After that we
had to move into the main event. We had to wrap it up with the MEAL strategy.
To do that we had to say something like: As I went home I thought about my
adventure. These are all the other steps M- memory or reflection. Think of
something special that happened in your main event. E- emotion. Think of when
you were scared, happy, cold, sad, angry or any other emotion. A- advice. Give
advice to the reader about something you should or shouldn’t do according to
your main event. L- let’s make a hope or a wish. Make a hope or wish that
something never happens again or that it happens soon. This is what I wrote:
When I Killed a Werewolf
by Nadia
Ow, Ow, Owoooo! A deep howl echoed through the silent night. I
sat up and saw my dad laying down next to me, snoring. I found my flashlight
and my backpack and decided to head out. I quietly unzipped the tent door.
It was dark but a glowing, silver full moon lit my way a bit. I
flicked on my flashlight. The big woods lay before me. I walked further and
found an odd path that I hadn’t seen earlier. I bent down and realized that it
was covered in giant paw prints with claws. I kept walking. Up above me, the
soft, warm, summer breeze ruffled the lime green different shaped leaves. Some
were as big as a breadbox and heart shaped, meanwhile on the other hand some
were tiny as buttons and looked like green stars. It felt good to breathe into
the crisp, fresh summer air. The woods were completely silent except for the
breeze and another deep scary howl. A shiver went down my spine. I kept
following the sound of the howls and the mysterious paw prints. But then the
paws went somewhere else, not on the path. I saw some ferns pushed back where
the beast must have gone through. I followed it for about 2 minutes when it
stopped.
I looked up straight and saw a pair of big red glowing eyes. The
creature stepped one step out and that’s when I realized that it had a dry red
substance dripping from its mouth. But just then I saw … FANGS! Not like any
wolf I’d ever seen! It had a big hairy brown face covered with small twigs and
leaves. It growled. Then it started to advance. It started to show more of its
long fangs. But just then I decided to let my instincts take over and they told
me one word: “Run!”. So that’s exactly what I did. I didn’t dare look back but
from the growls that came from behind me I had a pretty clear image of what was
happening behind me.
Suddenly a wall of thick thorns blocked my path. I turned around.
The wolf was there with an evil and hungry grin that showed all of its shiny
sharp teeth with two long fangs on either side of its mouth. I had to think
fast but luckily my instincts had a new plan. I grabbed my backpack and pulled
out a silver fork that I used for dinner that evening. I, this time, advanced
with the silver fork and stared face to face into its dangerous red eyes. I
stabbed the fork with all of my might into the werewolf’s chest. It turned into
a pile of dust. I found the fangs and put them in my pocket for safe keeping.
I sat on the rock to think about that adventure. I’ll never
forget when I found that werewolf. I still remember feeling scared when I
noticed its shiny fangs.
If I could give any advice to anyone, it’s to never go camping
when there is a full moon.
I hope I will never see a werewolf again!
Then some other day he read it to the whole class. He said mine
was the best. I was blushing the whole time. It was hard to keep a straight
face. He usually shares my writing with the class.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment. I hope I'll be a writer too.
DeleteIt's super cool π i think you be a super writer π
Deleteit's a great story and it's wonderful that you can be proud of your writing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the nice comment. I like to be proud of my writing. π
DeleteThat's quite a story! If I meet a warewolf I'll make sure to call You :)
ReplyDeleteπThanks for the comment. I'll be happy to help in case you ever come across a werewolf. πΊ
Delete